Investment industry veteran to head institute's board of directors for two-year term
Following its annual meeting, the Investment Funds Institute of Canada (IFIC) has announced its new board of directors for the fiscal year 2021-2022, naming Rick Headrick as its chair for a two-year term.
A CFP charterholder since 2002, Headrick has been president of Capital Group in Canada since September 2019. Prior to that, he had a nine-year stint as president of Sun Life Global Investments – a position now held by Oricia Smith, who’s the first woman appointed to the role. Before that, he spent six years at Sun Life Financial, where he progressed through a number of leadership roles.
“I am proud to serve as the Chair of IFIC’s Board and support its commitment to strengthen the integrity of the investment funds industry, thereby enabling Canadian investors to achieve their financial goals,” Headrick said in a statement. “As the pandemic continues to reshape our lives, ongoing collaboration within our community will remain a top priority to ensure a strong, stable investment sector for the benefit of investors and our Members.”
IFIC also elected Judy Goldring as the vice chair of the board. She will likewise be holding the position for two years.
Goldring is the president and head of Global Distribution at AGF Investments. Over the course of her 14-year career at AGF, she held a number of leadership roles including chief administration officer, COO, and general counsel.
Four new directors were welcomed to the IFIC board, including:
- Raza Hasan, chief risk officer, HSBC Bank;
- Karen McNally, vice president, head of Investment Solutions, RBC Global Asset Management;
- Roy Ratnavel, EVP, head of Distribution, CI Global Asset Management; and
- Sébastien Vallée, CFIQ Second Vice Chair.
The other members of IFIC’s 2021-2022 board of directors are:
- Carol Lynde (Past Chair), president & CEO, Bridgehouse Asset Managers;
- John Adams, CEO, PFSL Investments Canada;
- Karen Adams, president & CEO, Fundserv;
- George Aguiar, president & CEO, GP Wealth Management Corporation;
- Kathleen Bock, head of Vanguard Americas and managing director, Vanguard Canada;
- Paul Bourque, president & CEO, the Investment Funds Institute of Canada;
- Chris Boyle, SVP, head of Global Institutional, Dealer and Strategic Partnerships, Mackenzie Investments;
- Sian Burgess, SVP, Fund Oversight, Fidelity Investments Canada ULC;
- Bill Charles, president & CEO, Global Maxfin Investments;
- Nelson Cheng, CEO, Sterling Mutuals;
- Bruce Cooper, CEO, TD Asset Management;
- Stuart Graham, president and Managing Director, PIMCO Canada;
- Duane Green, president & CEO, Franklin Templeton Investments Canada;
- Eric Halle̒, Regional Vice President, Eastern Canada, Dynamic Funds;
- Ross Kappele, EVP and Head of Distribution, BMO Asset Management Canada;
- Neal Kerr, senior vice-president and head, Scotia Global Asset Management (Canada);
- Jason MacKay, head of Wealth Management Intermediaries, Invesco Canada;
- Bill Packham, president & CEO, Aviso Wealth;
- Eric-Olivier Savoie, president & CEO, National Bank Investments;
- David Scandiffio, president & CEO, CIBC Asset Management;
- Madeleine Sinclair, managing director, Blackrock Asset Management Canada; and
- Leo Zerilli, head of Wealth and Asset Management, Manulife Financial