Just a year after stepping aside, board brings him back to navigate 'complex macro-economic challenges'
David Shaw, lead director of Fiera Capital's board of directors, thanked Lemay for his service but said in a statement: "The board has concluded that as the asset management industry continues to deal with complex macro-economic challenges, Jean-Guy Desjardins is uniquely qualified to lead Fiera Capital through this period."
Under the renewed leadership structure, the following changes are also being made:
- John Valentini is appointed executive director, president and CEO of Fiera Private Markets, adding to his responsibility of leading the company's institutional and financial intermediary distribution team.
- Jean Michel is appointed executive director, president and CIO of Fiera Public Markets. Michel was formerly the CIO, public markets, and will now also lead the company's public markets platform, including the investment solutions team.
- Peter Stock is appointed executive director, president of Fiera Private Wealth. Stock will continue to lead the North American private wealth business.
- Lucas Pontillo is appointed executive director, global chief financial officer and will also be responsible for technology functions and the enterprise risk management program.
- Gabriel Castiglio is appointed executive director, global chief legal officer, adding responsibility for global human resources and ESG.
Law added: “[Jean-Guy Desjardins] has the deep respect of the company's executive committee, most of whom he worked closely with until his transition from CEO to executive chairman 12 months ago, and his stature in the company is recognized by Fiera Capital's employees globally, all of which will allow for a seamless transition of leadership.”
Desjardins said in a statement: “I am very confident in our ability to execute our global vision and strategic plan, become more efficient allocators of capital and achieve our next phase of success and growth, while creating sustainable prosperity for our clients. In my functions as CEO, I will be supported by a strong executive team and will continue to count on our greatest competitive advantage, our dedicated and talented teams of investment professionals around the globe.”
Fiera manages about C$158.3 billion in assets under management as of September 30, 2022.