WP recognizes 50 women who are blazing trails and driving change across the Canadian wealth industry
The face of wealth is changing: the share Canada’s financial wealth in women’s hands is expected to surge exponentially this decade. Reflecting that ongoing transformation and better address the needs of women in shaping their financial future, the country’s wealth industry is working to bridge gaps in representation and create opportunities for exemplary female leadership.
To recognize the agents driving transformation across Canada’s wealth management industry, the Wealth Professional team invited nominations for the most exceptional women leaders via an expansive survey process done in partnership with Women in Capital Markets (WCM), a national not-for-profit organization focused on building equity literacy, amplifying diverse talent, and uniting Canada’s finance industry.
Nominees were accepted from roles that related to, interacted with, or in some way impacted the financial services industry, with extra emphasis placed based on an individual’s demonstrated passion for financial services.
After poring through hundreds of accounts of nominees’ professional achievements over the past 12 months, contributions to industry diversity and inclusion, and efforts to give back through volunteering and charity work, Wealth Professional selected 50 distinguished female professionals.
The full list of Wealth Professional’s 5-Star Leading Women in Wealth 2022 can be viewed here.
Among this year’s winners, WP is showcasing the achievements of six distinguished women who are making a difference in the industry:
- Sonia LeRoy, senior wealth advisor at LeRoy Wealth Management Group, IPC Securities;
- Selena Woo, vice president, Advisory Services – Associates and Operations at Nicola Wealth;
- Helen Hurlbut, chief financial officer at Equiton;
- Nathalie Richard, president and owner at INSIGHT Wealth Management;
- Jennifer Hochstein, associate vice president, Western Region at Wellington-Altus Private Wealth; and
- Tanya Wilson, senior wealth advisor and portfolio manager at Gold Seal Financial Group, Wellington-Altus Private Wealth
Once again, congratulations to Wealth Professional’s 5-Star Leading Women in Wealth for 2022.