Mackenzie Financial Corporation (Mackenzie Investments
) has launched three ETFs and three new mutual funds, broadening its suite of smart beta investment offerings.
According to a news release, the new ETFs and mutual funds give investors the potential to reduce risk concentration and market bias, as well as improve risk-adjusted returns.
The products are offered in partnership with TOBAM, an asset manager and index provider. The products are maintained through TOBAM’s patented and award-winning methodology, which is formulated to insulate portfolios from structural bias and unmanaged risks that are often found in cap-weighted indices. The new ETFs and mutual funds provide investors options to access various geographies, including the US, Europe, and Asia.
"Investors are looking for solutions that enhance diversification and offer exposure beyond the Canadian borders and we are pleased to be the exclusive provider of this methodology to retail investors in Canada," said Barry McInerney, president and CEO of Mackenzie Investments
"[The] new maximum diversification ETFs broaden [our] suite of offerings to offer choice and help investors aiming to achieve superior performance with lower risk over reasonable periods of time," said Michael Cooke, senior vice president and head of exchange traded funds at Mackenzie Investments
The three ETFs, which began trading on the TSX on Sept. 7, are:
- The Mackenzie Maximum Diversification All World Developed Index ETF (TSX: MWD) – offers long-term capital growth by investing in equity securities of developed world markets
- The Mackenzie Maximum Diversification All World Developed ex North America Index ETF (TSX: MXU) – offers long-term capital growth by investing in equity securities located in developed world markets excluding North America
- The Mackenzie Maximum Diversification Developed Europe Index ETF (TSX: MEU): offers long-term capital growth by investing in equity securities of developed European markets
On the other hand, the mutual funds – which are engineered with a core investment to the Mackenzie Maximum Diversification Index ETFs, and may invest either in other ETFs or in securities directly for active risk management – are:
- The Mackenzie High Diversification Global Equity Fund: Provides investors with the broadest geographic diversification possible by investing in markets around the world
- The Mackenzie High Diversification International Equity Fund: Gives investors access to developed markets outside of North America
- The Mackenzie High Diversification European Equity Fund: Offers opportunities for clients to benefit from the recovery and growth of Europe's economy
The mutual funds are available for sale starting September 8.
National Bank announces new ETF portfolios
announces new actively managed bond ETF