Not the busiest week when it came to business news, WPs come up with a few examples of stories worth a second look.
1. The biggest story of the week clearly was the U.S. senate rejecting a bill that would have speeded the approval of the controversial Keystone XL pipeline. Look for another vote in early 2015. Full story here
2. Clearly the biggest non-business news story of the week, Buffalo got hammered by more than eight feet of snow. With temperatures expected to rise the city faces tremendous flooding. Check out the whole story here.
3. General Motors hired a new president for its Canadian operation. Stephen Carlisle, a native of Woodstock, Ontario, takes over from Kevin Williams, who’s been top dog since March 2010, and is retiring from the company. Click here
for the full tory.
4. Alberta Investment Management Corporation (AIMCo) appointed a successor to Dr. Leo de Bever, who’s been at the helm of AIMCo since it was established in 2008. The new boss, Kevin Uebelein, takes over on January 5, 2015. Read more here.
5. Tesla’s Model S is undoubtedly one of the finest cars on the planet. This week, however, questions arose about 12,000 vehicles unaccounted for. Could this be the downfall for Tesla’s stock? Full story here.