CHICAGO, IL and TORONTO, ON, Jan. 31, 2017 /CNW/ - North America continues to emerge in 2017 as a key market for Aviva Investors, the global asset management business of Aviva plc ('Aviva'), with the firm expanding its client solutions team as it continues to focus on delivering specific investor outcomes.
Aviva Investors has grown its North American business by over 165% year-over-year to $14.24 billion USD ($18.72b CAD) in Q3 2016, up from $8.62 billion USD ($11.56b CAD) the prior year1. The growth has been largely attributed to sub-advisory relationships with Sun Life Global Investments in Canada and Virtus Investment Partners in the US, along with portfolio offerings and major accounts, including OPTrust in Canada.
The client solutions leadership team in North America has also expanded:
- Tyler McGraw has been appointed Managing Director and President of Aviva Investors Canada Inc. responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Aviva Investors Canadian Business. In addition, Mr. McGraw is also part of Client Solutions, responsible for delivering holistic investment solutions, incorporating multiple asset classes by drawing on the expertise available across Aviva Investors.
- Michael Benjamin has been appointed as a Senior Client Solutions Director to pro-actively develop new relationships with Institutional Investors and Consultants in the US. Mr. Benjamin reports into Timothy Jenkins, Head of US Sales. He joins from HSBC Global Asset Management (USA), where he was Vice President of Institutional Sales.
- Remi Tetreault, CFA has been appointed as an Investment Specialist in Canada. He joins from Manulife, where he was a manager of investment solutions and, prior to that, an investment consultant.
- Alex Knapp, CFA has been appointed as an Investment Specialist in the US. He joins from Ballentine Partners, a large independent investment advisor, where he was a Portfolio Manager and Head of Liquid Alternatives Research.
Mr. Tetreault and Mr. Knapp both report into Rahul Khasgiwale, CFA, Senior Investment Director.
Louise Kay, Global Head of Distribution and Client Relations at Aviva Investors, commented, "As we build our distribution capabilities globally and grow our business, ensuring we have the right client and consultant propositions and the highest level of service is absolutely key."
"These appointments will play a key role as the business continues to focus on becoming the global leader in outcome oriented solutions," added Aviva Investors Americas Chief Operating Officer Sean Brumble.
1. Source: Aviva Investors as of September 30, 2016 and September 30, 2015, respectively.