Forum

Wealth Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Wealth Professional | 10 Apr 2014, 11:19 AM Agree 0
Advisors react to an investment legend's stance, sharing their thoughts on how reputation and trust can make or break their business.
  • douglas e swanson | 10 Apr 2014, 01:48 PM Agree 0
    Regardless of age, background, training, or education, of the parties involved, the only real assurance for the client is the integrity or incorruptibility of the advisor/salesperson. A synonym for complete (honesty)
  • Kevin Cahill | 10 Apr 2014, 01:53 PM Agree 0
    In 2009, a woman I knew charged me with sexual assault. I received a conditional discharge which is a decision passed by a court whereby I was not convicted and did not receive a criminal record provided I complied with the conditions of community service and keeping the peace during 12 months of probation. I fulfilled this obligation and was discharged. I was never convicted and I do not have a criminal record. But, I ensure every prospect is aware of this before working with me. This situation caused myself and my family a great deal of embarrassment and I lost important business relationships, clients and much of the reputation I worked so hard to build. I have moved on from this with renewed energy and a greater understanding of what can be endured. I cannot un-live my past but I can ensure that the future is nothing like it. I will not let this event in history go to waste. I strive daily that what I was accused of was out of character. I commit to rebuilding my life, my business and my reputation by everything I do every day. Successful relationships are based on trust. Trust comes from transparency - from openness. That’s why I tell this serious and embarrassing story of a small part of my life. I do everything in my power to earn respect and trust.
Post a reply