Wealth Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Wealth Professional | 28 Sep 2015, 08:15 AM Agree 0
The recent mystery shopping report commissioned by the OSC, IIROC and MFDA highlighted a number of advisor issues but the one that seemed to confuse ‘shoppers’ the most were the number of titles given advisors
  • Mark Matsumoto | 28 Sep 2015, 10:45 AM Agree 0
    I think that there should also be an option not to have a title.
    I am different things to different clients. I am mutual fund salesman, life insurance salesman, accountant, tax accountant, financial planner, financial advisor, financial analyst for various ideas. I am sometimes just a sounding board or voice of reason for people's ideas, fears and dreams.

"Financial guy" would be a good title! Everyone has a "guy". I'm a financial "guy"! Overall, people are too hung up on a title. It is what someone actually does that is important.
    People can figure out what you can or can't do for them. I don't know that one's title's title means much and isn't a lot to get excited about.
  • Ken MacCoy, CHS aka 'LifeGuy' | 28 Sep 2015, 04:09 PM Agree 0
    I agree with Mark's comments.

Plus, why be limited by a title?

Designations are different; if you've earned them (as Mark has), add them to your business card as they boost client confidence.

Post a reply