Forum

Wealth Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Wealth Professional | 01 Aug 2017, 08:15 AM Agree 0
The FPSC’s President tells WP how he reacted to the results and why the curriculums have been changed
  • Disappointed CFP | 01 Aug 2017, 09:32 PM Agree 0
    You have obviously lowered the difficulty of the exam. In 2007 when I wrote the exam (and passed) the pass rate was 40%. Sad to see the industry going for quantity vs quality.

Disappointed CFP
  • SeeFPee | 03 Aug 2017, 03:01 PM Agree 0
    CFP should be advisory based and should not be a pre-requisite to sell products. Lowering the entry requirements by having an easier test is simply diminishing the advisory aspect of that the CFP designation represents.

• Sandy | 05 Aug 2017, 02:14 PM Agree 0
    I fully agree with what the others are saying that FPSE is keen on having more people with the CFP designation so as to collect more money every year in renewals. they have lowered the standards to do this thing which is not a not a great idea. I will not be surprised if in future CFP has no value addition at all for any one.
  • Jason | 08 Aug 2017, 12:18 PM Agree 0
    If anything, the CFP is harder now, not easier. There's certainly more material in the courses than ever before. The pass rate only looks higher now because instead of one massive exam, it's now a long 3-step process covering 2 days of exam and 30 page written thesis-style financial report that must be defended.

The pass rate is higher now for the final because the quality of the people that have made it to the final exam are much higher than ever. Go add up the fail rates of Level 1 plus the Capstone, plus the final exam and you will see the overall pass rate is probably lower than ever.
Post a reply