Wealth Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Wealth Professional | 09 Oct 2015, 09:00 AM Agree 0
How do ordinary Canadians view financial planners? For more than half of the public, there is a lot of misplaced faith in a set of national standards that doesn’t exist
  • Jim | 10 Oct 2015, 10:40 AM Agree 0
    I believe the financial institutions should be honorable enough to police this important issue. In my company you can take the Life License test and then call yourself a Financial Advisor; really? In fact on some websites such as Linkedn some call them selves Senior Financial planners or Wealth Managers with having completed the Mutual Funds course and the Life insurance course only. Unfortunately it does not require any experience or special study in investing or planning to be able to use the title FINANCIAL ADVISOR. It is to bad that each company does not adopt some minimum standards. If they do not the regulators will and it is about time. I cannot call my self and accountant or a lawyer unless I am truly one. If we want the financial profession to be professional then will do we is needed to make it professional.
Post a reply