Wealth Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Wealth Professional | 17 Jun 2016, 08:15 AM Agree 0
Visa isn’t taking Walmart’s refusal of its cards lying down, saying the mega-retailer’s decision will unfairly affect shoppers
  • Billy Smith | 17 Jun 2016, 11:10 AM Agree 0
    I am with Walmart on this one. I am not usually a fan, but in this case, I support the decision to punt Visa.
  • Murray Schultz | 18 Jun 2016, 03:22 PM Agree 0
    Yes, there is nothing more unnerving to Canada's banks than public disclosure of their profit centers and what is or isn't fair treatment of both merchants and bank customers. That Canada's closed shop of banks would even attempt to paint Walmart as the villain is testament to the idea that they prefer to operate with impunity; behind closed doors and with the consumer paying as much as is possible, in order to fund billions in profits and maximum dividends paid to shareholders...used to be that when you left money in your account it would be there (with interest) when you returned. Now, they implement "service charges" so that, should the balances of the people least able to afford additional charges fall below arbitrary thresholds, funds will be withdrawn by the bank until the account is overdrawn and account closed. I'd call Walmart the honest and forthright party and the banks the party that doth protest too much...
Post a reply