Forum

Wealth Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Wealth Professional | 23 Nov 2015, 09:04 AM Agree 0
The same thing advisors fear will kill trailing commissions may in fact save their bacon
  • Barb Amsden | 24 Nov 2015, 01:07 PM Agree 0
    I'm not sure of the context of the question re trailers, but it appears there may not be an understanding of the 2014 and on CRM2 disclosure changes. Just came from a great Rotman BEAR financial well-being event with new interesting financial literacy research. I leave more convinced than ever that we all would benefit if investor ed experts and investors could work jointly with regulated dealers and advisors, regulatory lawyers and accountants and investor advocates at the same time, setting aside skepticism and particular professional training to see the entire investor and work out the priorities to help all parties. Sort of a dream I have.
  • Ken | 24 Nov 2015, 11:57 PM Agree 0
    Neither disclosure nor investor education have been proven to be effective safeguards against conflicted advice.There is documented independent research to this effect. It is time for advice to be professional and that means conflicts of interest needs to go and advisor proficiency has to be increased.
Post a reply