Wealth Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Wealth Professional | 07 Jul 2015, 08:52 AM Agree 0
In terms of our own businesses, testimonials are social proof that someone other than us (or our mothers) think that what we sell is pretty good. But do they really work?
  • Kathy Waite Your Net Worth Manager | 07 Jul 2015, 11:21 PM Agree 0
    I am fee only and therefore send clients and invoice. I use FreshBooks. When they pay it asks them for feedback. It has a standard paragraph, " we would like to know how you think we are doing" and can also be customized.
    i have been amazed by the kind and flattering things some people say. I have asked if I can share it and 100% yes , sure , go ahead .
  • Robert Roby | 08 Jul 2015, 05:24 PM Agree 0

No doubt you do great work. The problem is not with the testimonial but with the perception of the testimonial by people who do not know you. Human nature is such that people are cynical and mistrusting. Having said this, in my experience the best way to acquire new clients is via a personal introduction from your client to the prospect. Then prove to the prospect that he/she would be missing excellent advice and service if they continue to deal with their existing advisor.
Post a reply