Wealth Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Wealth Professional | 08 Jan 2016, 08:15 AM Agree 0
Bill Morneau’s December announcement hiking the minimum down payment on homes over $500,000 to 10% certainly caused a stir but that won’t stop the federal government from abusing its taxation powers and residential real estate
  • Robert Roby | 08 Jan 2016, 09:04 PM Agree 0
    Here's a solution since you cant beat the system. Buy some bank stock such a BNS which pays a dividend of 4 % plus. Place this into your TFSA thus all tax free. Wait for several years and re-invest the dividends every year. a 20k investment will yield close to 1k a year in dividends never mind the capital gains. In 10 years the dividends will have more than covered the CMHC fee.(again tax free.)The CG should be more than double in this time period. My point is that the banks will always be smoochie with the powers that be , therefore invest in the banks and get your money back plus more.
  • Isaac Musial | 10 Jan 2016, 01:45 PM Agree 0
    Wow, I had no clue who few current claims were relative to the premiums collected. However, I'm curious to see what the default rate may be as we enter a rising interest rate environment. I suspect we'll see a lot more. I think I will save judgement to see what the impact is as interest rates rise.
  • Mark Matsumoto | 20 Feb 2016, 03:06 PM Agree 0
    Like I always say, "the bank is not your friend".
Post a reply