Wealth Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Wealth Professional | 24 Feb 2015, 12:29 PM Agree 0
While the Tories’ plan does little for most Canadians according to SFU finance professor, high net worth clients could be in for a windfall.
  • PMac | 24 Feb 2015, 12:57 PM Agree 0
    whoooo hooooo!
  • William Peters | 24 Feb 2015, 01:13 PM Agree 0
    While I agree this will benefit the weathly, it also presents an opportunity for the less wealthy to grow their savings tax free. Contribute monthly (PAC), properly diversify, and take advantage of compounding. This is a much better option than GIC's if you have the room to contribute.
  • Bozana | 24 Feb 2015, 01:21 PM Agree 0
    Correction: It should state "tax free income and capital gains' for TFSAs NOT 'tax deferred income and capital gains', which is right for other registered plans such as RRSPs, RIFs, etc.
  • Jeremy | 24 Feb 2015, 01:32 PM Agree 0
    Tax free income and cap gains. Not tax-deferred.
  • Peter Chin-Cheong | 24 Feb 2015, 03:17 PM Agree 0
    I concur. It should read "tax-free income and capital gains".
  • William Peters | 24 Feb 2015, 04:17 PM Agree 0
    We provide the full context, pros & cons once we have gathered all relevant information specific to our client's situation.One size does not fit all situations.
  • Will Ashworth | 24 Feb 2015, 04:20 PM Agree 0
    All of you are right. With the end of the RSP season upon us I had tax-deferral and not tax-free on the brain. Thanks for keeping me honest.
  • Will Ashworth | 24 Feb 2015, 04:25 PM Agree 0
    FYI, it's been corrected. Thanks for everyone's input.
Post a reply