Wealth Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Wealth Professional | 25 Feb 2015, 10:21 AM Agree 0
New venture provides Canadian business owners with an alternative. Advisors with this kind of client might want to get to know them.
  • Rona Birenbaum | 25 Feb 2015, 12:30 PM Agree 0
    This looks essentially like a factoring company using technology as a platform for delivery. As such, I would expect that their financing rates are similar to other factoring companies. If that is the case, they are not really competing with the banks. Most companies only seek out factoring financing when they have exhausted all other traditional, lower rate, financing alternatives.
  • Will Ashworth | 25 Feb 2015, 03:26 PM Agree 0
    Rona, you are correct to label FundThrough a factoring company. Alaris Royalty is another example of a business that is circumventing the banks when it comes to servicing and funding growth businesses.

Banks are getting better at meeting the needs of growing SMEs but the three founders of this business know a thing or two about this marketplace. They wouldn't be doing this start-up if there wasn't a demand.

Perhaps it's a flash in the pan but I doubt it.

Thanks for taking the time to comment. We do appreciate it.
Post a reply