Forum

Wealth Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Wealth Professional | 10 Mar 2015, 09:39 AM Agree 0
One advisor is already meeting with an increasing number of clients seeking a second opinion and suggests the threat of CRM2 full disclosure is anything but overblown.
  • Frustrated | 10 Mar 2015, 11:10 AM Agree 0
    While I appreciate transparent fees are important , the focus which has been brought about by IIROC and possibly the media is way out of proportion to its real value.Most clients are not stupid and are savvy enough to know they pay for the services they obtain and can ask if they have concerns or want clarification. Why is it that our industry thinks it needs to spoon feed every client and insult their intelligence. Of course there are always a few in any industry that act inappropriately but the regulatory requirements seem so beyond the pale.My parallel is knocking in a tack with a sledgehammer. It appears that our industry is so paranoid that its creating a whole new industry with new jobs just to monitor this. When I see fair and equal disclosure by doctors, lawyers , accountants , engineers, restaurants,insurance etc and any other business as to all their charges and reasons for advising what they do , then my view on this will change.
  • Will Ashworth | 12 Mar 2015, 11:36 AM Agree 0
    Frustrated,

"It appears that our industry is so paranoid that its creating a whole new industry with new jobs just to monitor this. When I see fair and equal disclosure by doctors, lawyers , accountants , engineers, restaurants,insurance etc and any other business as to all their charges and reasons for advising what they do , then my view on this will change."

Point well taken.
Post a reply