Forum

Wealth Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Wealth Professional | 01 Dec 2014, 12:07 PM Agree 0
With the OSC investigation of maternity records improperly obtained still ongoing, RESP dealers are put in the spotlight. And it could be just the tip of the iceberg.
  • Mark | 01 Dec 2014, 02:45 PM Agree 0
    I have some confidence that the hospital is taking the appropriate steps in dealing with this issue but I would like some more information on what took place with the RESP dealers and what actions will be taken against them. Who were the RESP dealers? Was this just one or two rogue advisors paying for the information or was it more widspread? What was being paid to the hospital staff to obtain the names? Whomever did this must have known that they were obtaining these names by breaching privacy rules so who will hold them accountable for that? I also don't like that you report the dealers have contacted the lawyer to mitigate damages. The dealers shouldn't be allowed to mitigate anything until all the facts of the case are known.
  • Jeff Sanford | 01 Dec 2014, 02:47 PM Agree 0
    These are good points Mark. We've been wondering the same thing. We'll try to dig up some answers. Seems odd that the companies wouldn't have suspicions about the provenance of these names.
    These are good points Mark. We've been wondering the same thing. We'll try to dig up some answers. Seems odd that the companies wouldn't have suspicions about the provenance of these names.
  • Will Ashworth | 01 Dec 2014, 05:21 PM Agree 0
    Hi Mark,

There's a lot still very much up in the air. Once the alleged defendant appears in court December 12, we hopefully will have further information to report and discuss.

Keep the comments coming.

Post a reply