Forum

Wealth Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Wealth Professional | 20 Nov 2014, 11:12 AM Agree 0
The motivational speaker seems to be everywhere at the moment, with WP now adapted his all-weather portfolio – itself spun off from Ray Dalio’s –in order to put it to the test.
  • BJM | 20 Nov 2014, 02:17 PM Agree 0
    all weather portfolio
  • Will Ashworth | 20 Nov 2014, 02:34 PM Agree 0
    Hi BJM,

Are you suggesting "all-weather portfolio" should be "all weather portfolio"?

As far as I'm aware, both ways are acceptable.

Thanks for your comment.
  • Tom | 29 Jan 2015, 05:15 PM Agree 0
    I like the allocation, but my risk profile is lean towards growth, so my equity allocation would be higher, with lower fixed income. And I wouldn't hold gold.
  • Will Ashworth | 02 Feb 2015, 09:46 AM Agree 0
    Hi, Tom.

Thanks for your comment.

The allocation leans to fixed-income because it's meant to be held permanently over many years and market cycles.

But, to each their own.
  • Francois | 19 Mar 2015, 03:10 PM Agree 0
    Hi Tom,

What is your allocation strategy between RRSP, TFSA and capital accounts due to taxes on foreign dividends? Are you able to manage it by using these CAD hedged ETF?

Are you still monitoring your test account? Can you give us an update?
  • Francois | 19 Mar 2015, 03:11 PM Agree 0
    Sorry, my previous comment was for Will.
  • Pier-david lepage | 26 Jul 2015, 03:42 PM Agree 0
    My investments have the exact allocation but they will terminate the commodity etf (CBR) next month .i looked for alternatives and i found nothing. I was wondering if i putting 15% in gold would be a good option . thanks!
  • Bruno Borges | 30 Apr 2016, 01:44 AM Agree 0
    Thank you!! I have been trying to come up with the Canadian version on my own... this is really helpful, thank you so much!!
Post a reply