Forum

Wealth Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Wealth Professional | 09 Jul 2014, 11:14 AM Agree 0
Advocis: Adopting a ban on commission-based investment advice would leave the Canadian middle-class without access to advisors.
  • philippe m martin | 09 Jul 2014, 02:06 PM Agree 0
    yes, it leaves more than the middle class making an household income of 100,000 less without good advice, and someone that can talk to to re-arrange the fincing in many situations. rural areas will be greatly hit, also most blue collors working 60 hours a week ,travelling back and fort in peak season. these descision was made by high end brokers representing the wealthy people, and do not deal if you net worth is not 1 million... I have been calling them legend in thier on minds since my inception in the business since 1975. but they just laugh at you. a part from giving advice , in some rurals area were I have been , in 5 occasion brought some people for operation of an urgent basis. these high end adminitrators good luck...life begins at the bottom up, not bottom down.philippe m martin advocis member since 1976 llqp diamond jubilee medal reciepient phylantropy
  • Samson Carlisle, CFP | 11 Jul 2014, 11:51 AM Agree 0
    Philippe, we've missed your insight. Well said.
  • Fiona Wiliams | 12 Jul 2014, 07:26 AM Agree 0
    that is so interseting
  • Susan McArter | 31 Jul 2014, 12:53 PM Agree 0
    Personally by business is diverse from children of existing affluent clients just starting tyo invest to professional affluent clients. I make no distinction between them. All of my clients receive the same professional un biased service. This will change if fee only is implimented..I have a difficult time understanding the logic, we are "now" so regulated and monitored with over kill on disclosure. Why not let people make their own choice of how they want to pay for services. It scares the hell out of me when the Gov. gets involved. I have worked in this profession for 17 years, the above article applies to me.
Post a reply