Wealth Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Wealth Professional | 01 May 2014, 11:56 AM Agree 0
It was only a matter of time, with a growing number of advisors now adding financial planning for pets to their re-pet-oire -- a very obvious attempt to appeal to dog-mad Canadians.
  • Orange Juice | 01 May 2014, 03:08 PM Agree 0
    Oh my.... won't the regulators/compliance depts have fun with this new FP obligation if it ever gains traction.
    BTW. where/how does WP find these advisors. Seriously Jamie, R U running out of material to share?
  • Rhonda Sherwood | 01 May 2014, 03:40 PM Agree 0
    Considering the most important relationship or main relationship in many of my older clients lives are their pets it isnt surprising they want to provide for them when they are gone
  • Kathy Waite | 01 May 2014, 04:35 PM Agree 0
    Good article! I have been thinking about this recently as I am 46 and I realise how long some things live. We have horses ( 28 years ) peacocks ( 25) pot bellied pig ( 15 ) as well as usual cats dogs maybe 10 to 15 years. If I brought a foal at 55 it could easily outlive me or my ability to care for it. Then you have an elderly animal , at its most expensive and least attractive time of life needing care. Rewriting will.......sorry son its going to the ponies...... Kathy
  • suzanne | 07 May 2014, 08:47 PM Agree 0
    How about Pet insurance for when the pet is older or sick + some sort of a monthly compensation for the animal's caregiver for as long as the animal is alive?
Post a reply