Forum

Wealth Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Wealth Professional | 16 Jul 2015, 09:00 AM Agree 0
In the fall the OSC will bring out changes to exempt market regulations and one industry insider gives us the lowdown on why you should be excited.
  • Niki | 16 Jul 2015, 12:16 PM Agree 0
    My concern is that seniors and those who are setting aside for retirement will have the very same issues I have seen seniors have when they invest in assets that are illiquid and indefinately locked in. It has been said that Cash is King, however I look at it differently. Liquidity is Empress!
  • Robert Roby | 20 Jul 2015, 01:42 PM Agree 0
    I can just hear the sales rhetoric. "You can now invest like CPP, Yale and Harvard. You can get returns that are substantially higher..yackity yack.
    The fact of the matter is that these ortganizations have the ability due to their size to maintain, research and diversify with b hundreds of millions of dollars and billions in the case of CPP.
    Niki is right. These assets are locked in , no public scrutiny and difficult to understand. Its tough enough to scrutinize public companies let alone private ones.
Post a reply