Forum

Wealth Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Wealth Professional | 23 May 2014, 11:31 AM Agree 0
A dispute between the industry and regulators has the OSC at odds with its own investment advisory panel.
  • DWK | 23 May 2014, 12:23 PM Agree 0
    Name and shame does not work becuause OBSI does not provide fair and balanced judgements. If a claim gets to them it always comes down in favour of the client. (dont forget their apeal has been rejected at other levels already). No wonder firms are ingoring them, they are biased.
  • Jeff Sanford | 23 May 2014, 03:41 PM Agree 0
    DWK...I like that you've pointed out the industry perspective on this issue. Do you feel like expanding on these points and writing a blog post for us on this issue? Email me at jeff.sanford@kmimedia.ca if you are interested.
  • PeUU | 27 Aug 2014, 04:31 PM Agree 0
    To Jeff Sanford - DWK ignorantly perpetuates the falsity when stating that "If a claim gets to them (OBSI) it always comes down in favour of the client" (don't forget their (the client) ap_eal has been rejected at other levels already). No wonder firms are ignoring them, they are biased.
    DWK should be sued for deformation by OBSI. Where is the evidential proof of these claimed facts that OBSI always comes down in favour of the investor-client ?
    DWK says that OBSI are biased. DWK should get a hearing aid. Where does the client-investor turn to when the Investment dealer rejects the investor's complaint that shows evidence that the investor has been fraudulently mislead by the investment performance claims of the Dealers' Representative Financial Advisor, before the investments are consummated ?
    Jeff Stafford, make sure when you are looking for the "industry's perspective you get the facts and not some tainted propaganda.

To DWK, most appeals will be unsuccessful when you spell the word appeal with only one "p".
Post a reply