Wealth Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Wealth Professional | 16 Jun 2016, 08:15 AM Agree 0
A new pay-for-performance structure for pooled funds promise benchmark-and-beyond growth for investors, says Provisus CEO
  • Davyde Wachell | 16 Jun 2016, 09:43 PM Agree 0
    Very cool to see industry peers transforming the fee structure in Canada. 25bps is very attractive. I'm not sure it's first of its kind though, but very attractive.

Like Transcend, I am also passionate about achieving above-benchmark returns. My company Responsive Capital Management aims to beat market returns via artificial intelligence and tactical asset allocation.

Consumers have higher expectations now thanks to Amazon, Netflix, and Google and Apple. Investors are asking - If Amazon can recommend you products it knows you want, If Google have cars that drive themselves, and Apple has put an executive assistant in your pocket, then why isn’t there something that can exceed market returns?” Responsive uses research, statistical analysis and machine learning as parts of its artificial intelligence and uses more than 100 economic and market signals in order to adjust client investments.

Personally, I aspire to a place where we as active managers could offer 100% performance based, taking on some risk to cover operational costs. I believe we'll get there within the next 5 years.

@Penelope: Given the opportunity, I'm keen to speak with you about the next generation of robo-advisors powered by big data and AI. I can be reached at or check us out at
Post a reply