Forum

Wealth Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Wealth Professional | 23 Jan 2014, 02:30 AM Agree 0
Advisors react to an Alberta fraud case that saw investors across Canada scammed for millions.
  • Doug McCaw | 23 Jan 2014, 11:27 AM Agree 0
    A question every investor should ask when dealing with someone is "where do I go in Alberta, BC or Ontario to find a database that provides background regulatory information on this company, offering and individuals'?
  • Bob White | 23 Jan 2014, 02:09 PM Agree 0
    I believe people need to be educated on the fact that there are no guaranteed returns as presented! Second, when advisors sell products or investments that are off book, they have to be held responsible to the credibility of the investments, unless it happens to be the dealer promoting the product and they are said to have done due diligence, and then they need to be held responsible.

Fact greedy consumer X greedy advisor = bad news.

Only do business with advisors who are members of professional organization who are scrutinize via regulatory bodies offering product that can only be sold or offered via regulated firms / companies.

When bad people do premeditated bad things, then make them pay dearly, and I do not mean 20 years behind bars with 3 meals a day and TV and rights to vote.

Make it a death do us part and then the next one considering defrauding anyone, will have to consider real hard if the risk matched the rewards.

Canada needs to stop being bleeding harts and have dramatic effect on the bad people so good people are not burdened with the complexity of rules that bad please get around and still cause harm. Good people make mistakes, Bad people plan the bad things they do. Give a reason not to plan bad things.

Cheers

Bob
  • Steve | 28 Jan 2014, 07:48 PM Agree 0
    To my understanding the court date or hearing is scheduled for February the 27th. Can the public attend this hearing? I am an investor of CE and would love to attend. Given that the RCMP financial integrity have already charged both directors with fraud, money laundering etc will the judge be able to enforce a mandatory jail sentence for the crimes they committed? What are your public thoughts on the repercussions and consequences of the directors of Concrete Equities? I'd be curios to know what will unfold
Post a reply