Forum

Wealth Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Wealth Professional | 25 Nov 2014, 01:19 PM Agree 0
If you think industry players are the only ones getting done for unregistered trading, think again, with the OSC going after a hospital clerk in a bizarre case.
  • Chris Gaudet | 25 Nov 2014, 02:37 PM Agree 0
    The public should be made aware of which organizations purchased this information. The buyers of names/phone numbers, should also be held accountable.
  • Jeff Sanford | 25 Nov 2014, 02:38 PM Agree 0
    Good point! Chris, they OSC should absolutely release this information. I could not agree more!
  • Jeff Sanford | 25 Nov 2014, 02:39 PM Agree 0
    Good point! Chris, they OSC should absolutely release this information. I could not agree more!
  • Mark | 26 Nov 2014, 12:57 PM Agree 0
    The OSC should be going after every RESP Dealer that received this information. The names of those dealers should be made public and action taken on behalf of anyone who purchased those RESPs as to whether they were provided all of their options.
  • Will Ashworth | 26 Nov 2014, 01:41 PM Agree 0
    Mark,

It's indeed very odd that these dealers haven't been named.
  • Mark | 27 Nov 2014, 02:46 PM Agree 0
    Will,

The dealers had to know the names they were obtaining weren't being provided to them properly and given the "do not call" legislation in place, they would have contravened those privacy laws in the last few years unless the dealer had a current relationship with the parent (s). This is the kind of activity which taints the whole industry and that should be dealt with with some severe penalties.
Post a reply