Wealth Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Wealth Professional | 31 Jul 2014, 10:53 AM Agree 0
As the industry digests latest reg changes one advisor warns the real crunch is yet to come.
  • Kevin O'Brien | 31 Jul 2014, 11:54 AM Agree 0
    Am I correct in my conclusion that after reading this article - DeGoey is proclaiming himself as being the most proficient advisor in the industry? And that his proficiency is due to the fact that he is fee based? What about the rest of us that have a significant portion of our AUM on a fee based platform and charge a fee for financial planning and providing advice?
  • Brad jardine | 31 Jul 2014, 01:13 PM Agree 0
    Amen Kevin, getting tired of lazy journalism trotting out this guy on a regular basis. He must spend more time writing and appearing instead of servicing his clients.
  • Kathy Waite | 31 Jul 2014, 09:39 PM Agree 0
    Clients see the total amount they pay , I went through this in the UK 13 years ago and the skill as an advisor was explaining what I actually got , overhead , support staff , insurance , software etc. Most clients realise you have to make a profit to be in business or you wont be there to look after them in the future they are planning for anyway. There were very large sales forces of people who were par time. I was a sales manager for a time and on my team had a semi pro golfer and a semi pro classical guitarist. Great salespeople based on networking but low level of knowledge. Those guys are gone , the standard has gone up. I see old colleagues on linkedin they are at independent boutique forms or large banks not Prudential/ Liver Pool Victoria / United Friendly ( read F55 / IG Priamerica ) . Don't all industries change?
Post a reply