Wealth Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Wealth Professional | 11 Aug 2014, 10:45 AM Agree 0
Law firms smell the blood in the water and are beginning to circle.
  • CowTown | 11 Aug 2014, 04:47 PM Agree 0
    Big..big surprise. The lawyers, not the company. I've read a few comments from analysts who have no vested interest in the company whatsoever; remark this is not scandal material. These prolific class action suits are getting to be comical and just ridiculous. One NJ firm wanted to sue Motorola for not selling as many handsets as they said they would, thankfully if went Phffft. Clients get notice after notice to fill something in for other claims in the past, 3 years later they get a US $ cheque for $9.50, woohoo! Meanwhile the lawyers get a % and a fee for the work. Read the claims, it's laughable.
  • whackman | 11 Aug 2014, 05:30 PM Agree 0
    I agree with Cowtown and I think this is a little exaggerated. Certainly there are problems with the Company, and maybe there is some skullduggery afoot. If so, it can be dealt with appropriately, but I don't think you can compare it to Worldcom. And, to the best of my knowledge, this stock has never been called a "widows and orphans" stock. Look at the chart and you can't tell me it is a stable stock. It's not surprising in this litigious world, that someone would sue.
  • JPO | 11 Aug 2014, 06:33 PM Agree 0
    These lawyers are ambulance chasers spewing hyperbole.
  • Jeff Sanford | 12 Aug 2014, 08:47 AM Agree 0
    Good points here. There must be many looking at this, wondering if a case can be made. Is this all being blown out of proportion? Thinking about putting together a post on "how an advisor talks about this to clients." Anyone want to comment? Get a hold of me at Would love to hear how some advisors are handling this...
Post a reply