Forum

Wealth Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Wealth Professional | 20 Mar 2014, 12:41 PM Agree 0
Corrections Canada confirmed that the 'fake' advisor, who stole millions of dollars from his, mainly elderly, clients, was released from jail in Montreal Thursday under strict probationary conditions.
  • MQ | 20 Mar 2014, 01:42 PM Agree 0
    He was never registered as an Adisor or Broker, yet it still tarnishes the industry.
    Isn't it time to be able to have a license displayed and use in advertising?? Not just course completed certificates that can be duplicated/photoshopped??
    An 11 year sentence gets reduced to 4 years, certainly not disincentive for white collar crime. He'll be able to retire quite nicely.
  • Ken MacCoy, CHS | 20 Mar 2014, 02:14 PM Agree 0
    As I posted on an earlier article on: 10/03/2014

Quails gets 17.5 years from a U.S. court for ripping off $1 million from investors; while a Cdn. court only gave Earl Jones 11 years for his $50-million Ponzi scheme.

Meaning Jones will be eligible for 'early release' after what ... 8 years? Something wrong with this picture.

The Canadian courts need to start sending a stronger message!

I thought early release was 8 years was bad. But, 4 years ... that's no deterrent to the crime. - I'll bet, Jones lived an easier life for the past 4 years with 3 meals a day and a room over his head ...than many of the clients he ripped off.

Corrections Canada &/or the parole board need a reality check! To say: He was eligible for early parole because his crime was not considered violent ...is a pile of bull-crap. How would those 'bleeding hearts' feel if it had been them or a relative who had been ripped off.

It's time to get tough on white collar crime!

Post a reply