Forum

Wealth Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Wealth Professional | 06 Jul 2016, 10:54 AM Agree 0
One of soccer’s highest-paid stars has been convicted of tax fraud following the Panama Papers scandal – but he won’t serve any jail time
  • Murray Schultz | 06 Jul 2016, 08:44 PM Agree 0
    Wow, total lack of attention paid to who may have been advising the Messis in this "tax minimization" plan. There were, no doubt, lawyers, accountants and other hangers on, all taking a piece of the action. Should these so-called professionals not be held to a higher standard or is it simply less expensive to prosecute and fine one's own citizens? The Messis should sue the law firm, the advisors and anyone else who got paid for questionable advise and execution - regardless of any disclaimers used by these people to dissuade such action.
  • Liz C | 09 Jul 2016, 03:31 AM Agree 0
    Well so much for the squeeky clean image. I feel for all those kids and parents WHO ARE TAX PAYERS and who looked up to Messi. He's a fraud and a cheat and I don't believe that Messi "had no idea". Are you kidding!!! He makes soooo much money and didnt want to pay 5mil out of his 350Mil earnings!...What a joke. Take him to jail i say....teach him a lesson. People go to jail for lesser illegal activities.
  • Lubha | 18 Jul 2016, 02:38 PM Agree 0
    At least he has paid more tax than you can every pay in your lifetime....the sentance is harsh because he has not harmed anyone. It is his money after all. You can hate but you will never achieve any of the things he has achieved...and so will Ronaldo.
Post a reply