Wealth Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Wealth Professional | 15 Sep 2015, 08:15 AM Agree 0
One of wealth management’s most-respected advisors is coming down hard on IIROC, suggesting it either reform itself or throw in the towel
  • Graham | 15 Sep 2015, 11:51 AM Agree 0
    Bravo to Caldwell! Say it like it is. I love working with clients but the regulatory environment is getting ridiculous. And, in the end it still doesn't stop the unscrupulous.
  • Murray Schultz | 15 Sep 2015, 12:07 PM Agree 0
    Substantially agree. Regulators in general seem to be under the impression that they, by over-burdening compliance, are serving the public. In reality, there comes a point where it must be said that regulators are a multi-line-item cost that is out of line with either the protections they offer the investing public or the post-loss recovery of investors' money i.e., they raise the cost of doing business in an already low margin arena. When there is substantial overlap between regulators, there is substantial inefficiency and, therefore, unwarranted cost and confusion (for both investors and investment professionals.
  • Mark Matsumoto | 15 Sep 2015, 05:29 PM Agree 0
    Mr Caldwell is just saying what everyone is thinking but too nervous to say. Over-regulation is doing more harm to the average investor than good by making "him" a non-profitable client and therefore reducing his access to advice.
  • Ken | 19 Sep 2015, 02:51 PM Agree 0
    The advice industry is years behind the times as evidenced by the recent mystery shopping exercise.Iiroc must move beyond its tattered past and step up to the plate to protect retail investors rather than industry participants whose profits last quarter were through the roof.
Post a reply