Forum

Wealth Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Wealth Professional | 27 Aug 2015, 08:15 AM Agree 0
A recent disciplinary case out West has re-ignited a discussion around the influence dealers have in SRO sanctioning
  • Stan Buell | 27 Aug 2015, 10:38 AM Agree 0
    How true it is. B.W. Leitch says “These regulatory bodies do not seem to have the power or the willingness to confront the corporations who direct and control the advisors.”
    We have repeatedly said "the regulators are unwilling or unable" to take on the industry but grab headlines by "disciplining" representatives with big fines never collected.
  • Are you kidding me? | 30 Aug 2015, 12:12 AM Agree 0
    Who do you think pays for the existence of IIROC? Right, the banks, that's who. IIROC will continue to hang the advisor and do nothing to the banks. I can personally site 4 examples of this behaviour in the last 3 years.
  • Ken MacCoy, CHS | 01 Sep 2015, 11:25 AM Agree 0
    Stan: You hit the nail on the head.

Both IIROC & the MFDA are an absolute joke when it comes to both discipline and collecting fines, but it's not funny!

The reality: It's offensive to honest, ethical, professional advisors who work hard for and place their clients first.

Just another reason why I'm an independent life insurance broker; this way I don't have to deal with either the MFDA or IIROC.
Post a reply