Forum

Wealth Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Wealth Professional | 10 Jul 2015, 09:21 AM Agree 0
At a recent forum in Cambridge, Ont., the head of the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation shared his thoughts on what – if anything – we’ve learned from the recent financial crisis.
  • Barb Amsden | 10 Jul 2015, 10:46 AM Agree 0
    I agree with Ms. Bourque's and Mr. Hadfield's comments regarding preparing for catastrophic events that may never happen. I haven't read Ms. Bourque's remarks in the original, but with respect to the title "Have we learned anything from the financial crisis, what I have observed is that the better you are and strive to be in the Canadian securities industry, the more likely you will be increasingly constrained by new regulation that perhaps hasn't been discussed with those we all claim to speak for. Let's start a dialogue that involves the investor in a meaningful way.

Quick and cheap is far from always best in the long run, and how much longer term can investors get? investors are supposed to be in it for the rest of their lives.‎

• Harley Lockhart CLU CHFC | 10 Jul 2015, 01:51 PM Agree 0
    Hear, hear!
    Involving the investor in a meaningful way is the ideal. The challenge is determining what is the first step. Any ideas?
Post a reply