Forum

Wealth Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Wealth Professional | 29 Apr 2014, 11:19 AM Agree 0
Fee-only and transactional advisors go head-to-head over whether the ETF is poised to take over from the tried-and-true mutual fund.
  • Kevin O'Brien | 29 Apr 2014, 01:14 PM Agree 0
    As with all investments do your due diligence Some are comparing apples and oranges. With an ETF you are buying an index...does anyone know what happened to the Canadian index when Nortel dropped? or 2008? If you owned the index you lost permanently.
  • Sean Straughan | 29 Apr 2014, 02:02 PM Agree 0
    Most of the negativity being directed towards the use of ETF's for long term investing seems to be coming from Mutual Find companies, who are seeing their share of the fee wallet shrinking or from transaction based advisor's who can't DSC ETF's. I agree with Kevin, do your research. I am sure a number of mutual fund managers were in love with Nortel and could not sell their shares fast enough to exit. If a mutual fund is too large, I have been told it can take up to 240 days to clear a position fully.
Post a reply