Wealth Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Wealth Professional | 05 Jan 2015, 09:00 AM Agree 0
All the industry's big players are on a quest to expand their books in 2015, but the acquisition strategy of one in particular could pay the biggest dividends for its network of advisors.
  • Bob T | 05 Jan 2015, 10:39 AM Agree 0
    Although I appreciate your comments that Leroux doesn't have to worry about quarterly reports there is a downside to the lack of control by one person or group. What it means is control by management rather than the owners and that can also be disastrous.

There is a certain comfort in knowing that an autocratic management can be held in check by activist shareholders.
  • Will Ashworth | 06 Jan 2015, 08:56 AM Agree 0
    Thanks for commenting Bob.

Activist shareholders do have a pretty good record when it comes to fixing poorly performing stocks. Bill Ackman's certainly done well with this approach.

And you are right that Leroux potentially could abuse the privilege of running one of the world's biggest financial cooperatives but I doubt she will.

It's a lot harder to ignore people when they actually use your products and also own a piece of the company.

The cooperative business model works just fine.
Post a reply