Wealth Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Wealth Professional | 21 Nov 2013, 12:00 AM Agree 0
McDonald's has drawn ire for its online resource advising employees on how to reduce holiday debt including tips such as eating less.
  • Daniel | 22 Nov 2013, 09:30 AM Agree 0
    I don't get it... What is so outrageous about those tips? I see nothing wrong with them. I think people are just reaching for anything to pick at. Perhaps they should heed the "Complain less" advice.
  • Anthony Gracey | 22 Nov 2013, 12:03 PM Agree 0
    How can you be so obtuse? What is so outrageous is that workers give their lives to this corporation that makes billions off their backs and this is the thanks they get? Instead of investing in some ridiculous web site with ridiculous tips, how about paying more money and sharing the wealth.
  • Gail Marie | 22 Nov 2013, 04:35 PM Agree 0
    I happen to agree with Daniel. These are good tips. I am sure if they were just read in an article it would make sense to everyone reading them but because it is McDonalds it seems to have blown out of control. Yes McDonalds makes a lot of money from us and pay their employees low wages, but if they paid them more the food would cost a lot more and do you really think the food from McDonalds is worth more than it costs right now! In many cases working at McDonalds is done by youth who are experiencing their first job. Sure there are those who also rely on McDonalds for their income to support a family and this is not going to happen based on minimum wage rates paid.
  • fr | 25 Nov 2013, 11:34 AM Agree 0
    DON'T work there!!!!
  • Dillon | 28 Nov 2013, 10:18 AM Agree 0
    I agree with "fr," if your job is not able to sustain you it's your responsibility to find a better oppurtunity. Not the company's responsibility to pay you more than your work is worth.
  • Anthony Gracey | 28 Nov 2013, 12:15 PM Agree 0
    Again, one law for the rich and one law for the rest of us. So if I can't sustain myself in my job I should quit and find a better job (easier said than done). But if a banker slimes their way to a humongous loss, i.e., the latest financial crisis of capitalism, they get bailed out and get to continue to do business as usual? There is a war on the poor. Mceedees is winning. I know what side some of the commenters on this site are on.
Post a reply