Wealth Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Wealth Professional | 04 Nov 2014, 11:08 AM Agree 0
An unknown commodity in Canada, family offices by some estimates are a decade behind the U.S. in both prevalence and sophistication. Advisors can learn a thing or two from this niche segment of the financial services business.
  • Kathy Waite Your Net Worth Manager | 04 Nov 2014, 01:00 PM Agree 0
    The exclusive family office is great for those with ultra high net worth BUT most families are just as busy and don't want to repeat their story to lots of professionals. I am building a practice that is a family office to "ordinary" families not just HNW. I believe we all deserve joined up thinking and education, it shouldn't be the preserve of the uber wealthy.
  • Will Ashworth | 28 Nov 2014, 02:24 PM Agree 0
    Hi Kathy.

Your comment slipped by unnoticed. Your idea is an excellent one. I'll be sure to contact you to learn more about your practice.
  • Barb White | 12 Jan 2015, 01:40 PM Agree 0
    Hi, interesting article and just went on your website and it wasn't very clear: who regulates Northland Wealth Management? is it a portfolio manager?
  • Will Ashworth | 12 Jan 2015, 01:53 PM Agree 0

Here is Northland's registration information:

I hope this helps.
  • Will Ashworth | 12 Jan 2015, 02:01 PM Agree 0
    Hi Barb,

Thanks for commenting.

Northland Wealth Management is registered as a portfolio manager in Ontario, B.C., Alberta, Quebec and New Brunswick.
Post a reply