Wealth Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Wealth Professional | 25 Jun 2013, 12:01 AM Agree 0
Here, here, advisors! Your support for embedded commissions may be ensuring affordability for clients who otherwise would miss out. Here’s why.
  • Disagree | 20 Jun 2013, 06:55 AM Agree 0
    Pollock, you seem to suggest that a drop in the number of Canadian advisors would be a bad thing for the industry and the long-term professionals. I diagree.
  • James | 20 Jun 2013, 05:13 PM Agree 0
    I disagree with Disagree. The challenge with removing embedded commissioning is that the advisor would come across as nickel and diming the client. Better to hide some of them.
  • Disagree | 20 Jun 2013, 05:32 PM Agree 0
    Putting aside any questions about client retention. This industry like society is moving to full disclosure. That's unavoidable.
  • Val | 27 Jun 2013, 10:38 AM Agree 0
    Full Disclosure is fine, but taking away a payment option for the client only hurts those below certain income brackets. What's really under scrutiny here is the image of advisors everywhere. I 100% agree that association membership will ensure legitimate advisors with the clients interests a top priority.
  • Blair Cross | 02 Jul 2013, 05:49 PM Agree 0
    As a CFP and 25 years as a Financial Advisor my expierince is that clients prefer having fees embedded. In the past I have given clients the choice of fees visible on their statements or not. The clients that chose to see the fees eventually asked to have them embedded, as the knew they existed but just couldn't handle seeing them. It created negative conversation and put stress on relationships. The focus of the conversation needs to be on the investors needs and goals not always defending the media's attack on the industry.
Post a reply