Forum

Wealth Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Wealth Professional | 04 Sep 2015, 08:15 AM Agree 0
A former exec at IIAC predicts advisors will be allowed to hold onto their embedded commissions but lose something almost as cherished
  • Ken MacCoy, CHS | 04 Sep 2015, 11:26 AM Agree 0
    This way it allows both advisors & investors to have a choice: Embedded commissions or fee for service. Makes perfect sense to me.
  • Russ | 04 Sep 2015, 11:31 AM Agree 0
    How strange. I read this article and thought that this was a bad news good news story. Bad news that we might retain embedded commissions and good news that DSC funds are likely on the way out. I am convinced that the financial advisory business is being profoundly disrupted by the advice-only and robo-advisor business models and that this change is for the benefit of investors. Don't write articles that seek to defend a broken model.
  • Debbie Hartzman.CFP.CLU.CDFA.TEP | 06 Sep 2015, 08:55 AM Agree 0
    As far as DSC is concerned it is already a bad word. If you do the math, LL or FE is a much more beneficial compensation method. The problem is that it will have the effect of limiting new advisors coming into the business. If you are a seasoned advisor, the higher up front trailer begins to make much more sense because of the higher re-occurring income stream. New advisors need the up front commission to survive.
Post a reply