Wealth Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Wealth Professional | 15 Apr 2014, 10:04 AM Agree 0
As more and more websites pop up offering increasingly sophisticated online money-management services, the future of the traditional financial advisor is back in the limelight.
  • Kathy Waite | 15 Apr 2014, 12:04 PM Agree 0
    Procrastination is the biggest hurdle I see most ordinary families hit. They have good ideas, want to change and then get busy. I consider myself a personal trainer for their finances and send lots of "helpful reminders" to keep them on track. Robo advice is for the DIY crowd
    Kathy Waite The only fee for service net worth manager in Saskatchewan
  • Susan | 15 Apr 2014, 12:19 PM Agree 0
    Most people do need to talk to an advisor to make their final decisions. Sometimes it is not just about a fee but the value-added aspect by talking out your decisions. These websites are valuable in giving an individual knowledge to start but I believe for most people they need to talk about the different strategies they may be thinking about implementing. An advisor with experience can ask the right questions to determine what the client needs to focus on and include in their plan. A client may have a one track mindset on determining their financial strategy using online information, therefore, not see a potential pitfall in the future if all things are not considered in the planning process. An advisor can help the client take the emotions out of the decisions.
Post a reply