Forum

Wealth Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Wealth Professional | 23 Oct 2015, 12:49 PM Agree 0
Toronto-based firm announces acquisition of investment firm with $3 billion in AUM.
  • E. Francis Pinto | 24 Oct 2015, 11:14 AM Agree 0
    Fantastic! It's about time!
  • Mark Matsumoto | 25 Oct 2015, 10:46 PM Agree 0
    I feel something is very wrong. I feel that compliance is killing competition which will harm many if not most investors. I believe that lack of competition in any market place is bad for the consumer. Compliance costs are altering the business models so that even mid sized firms cannot swallow the cost of compliance.

It seems that "very huge" is the only business model that can work with current compliance rules.

Someone has to stand back and look at the overall objectives of compliance. I don't think that the objective of compliance was to kill competition in the market and turn it into an oligopoly, but this is what is happening!
    Turning a perfect competition model to an oligopoly is bad for the consumers and good for the surviving companies. I don't think that this is how regulations are being sold to everyone. This can't be the objective of the regulators.

Who are the regulators? Who sits on their boards? Where do they come from? What is their day job? How much influence do the banks and the super huge companies have over the regulators?

Post a reply