Wealth Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Wealth Professional | 06 Apr 2016, 08:15 AM Agree 0
Minister of National Revenue issues instructions to officials following huge offshore controversy
  • Michael J Dumond CFP ChFC CLU TEP | 06 Apr 2016, 11:47 AM Agree 0
    If the information in the Panama papers leak is not acquired by CRA by legal means then the information should not be admessable or usable.
  • Thom. C.J. Young | 06 Apr 2016, 02:00 PM Agree 0
    I just checked and I'm not on the list. Whew!!

The majority of those with foreign investments are playing by the rules. They either declare their income in Canada or declare their income in the foreign jurisdiction or in some cases do both. Tax cheats and dodgers come in all sizes, successful people though normally get to their position in life by playing by the rules. Anyone who thinks otherwise is confusing good people with criminals who don't follow any rules in or out of their country.

One thing is certain though, people will invest and pay tax where they get the best bang for their buck and under our laws, so long as they declare their income and file a tax return in the jurisdiction they earned the money in they're not breaking any rules or acting outside of the law.
Post a reply