Forum

Wealth Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Wealth Professional | 11 Apr 2016, 12:22 PM Agree 0
After Panama Papers, government reveals $444 million plan targeting high net worth individuals and aggressive tax avoidance schemes
  • Gerald Curtis | 11 Apr 2016, 02:50 PM Agree 0
    You go, girl! About time these rich Canadians who consider themselves above the law and smarter then the rest of us, paid their fair share!
  • Patti Warnke | 11 Apr 2016, 03:30 PM Agree 0
    I would like to see the names publicized, as these people benefit from our health care etc. same as the rest of us that do pay taxes in Canada.If they are in government they should lose their jobs and any extras they receive, like huge pensions.
  • Leon Johnson | 13 Apr 2016, 07:38 AM Agree 0
    People keep using the term 'fair share' but I don't think they know what it means. Instead of making this a place where people don't feel the need to shelter their money the government is just going to make sure they can put their hands in your clients pocket no matter what. Also, as a sidenote- I would never keep my money with an Advisor that doesn't believe a low tax environment is good for their clients.
  • Gerald Curtis | 13 Apr 2016, 03:54 PM Agree 0
    The acceptable way to challenge a law is to lobby politicians for change - not to break them. Sorry, but I have no sympathy for people who knowingly break our laws. I will gladly counsel my clients on how to reduce or avoid taxes legally; but I will have no part in tax-evasion schemes.
Post a reply