Forum

Wealth Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Wealth Professional | 28 Aug 2013, 12:00 AM Agree 0
Canadian baby boomers are significantly unprepared for retirement with the average amount saved being more than $400,000 short of individual retirement savings goals.
  • Penny | 23 Sep 2013, 08:12 AM Agree 0
    Honestly, when I read this article it strikes fear in me! Many of us have taken a hit in the economic downfall that started it's descent in '08. Being a single parent and running a business, I'm trying to think positively and focus on what is right in front of me now. I agree that we need to put away for retirement but what if you are just making ends meet. I'm glad I'm doing something that I love so I never have to retire!
    • tricolporate | 29 Oct 2016, 01:20 PM Agree 0
      Doom and gloom sells, but I am more optimistic. There are ways of saving and spending less for things you need. redFlagDeals is well-known, but there are other ways too - think of travel hacking for instance (if you don't know what that is, check www.boomertraveller.com) or even e-bay or kijiji. You can get free or at least cheap stuff if you have time to invest in getting it, and that stretches those otherwise insufficient dollars rather nicely.
Post a reply