Forum

Wealth Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Wealth Professional | 20 Dec 2016, 08:15 AM Agree 0
Meditation, a technique typically ascribed to the spiritual, may be useful for investors who need to think better
  • Carl_Erikson | 25 Dec 2016, 05:55 AM Agree 0
    Paying attention is essential for a successful life. Paying close attention to financial deals without getting emotionally involved is a tried and true method for success. Meditation and mindfulness are all about paying attention without emotional involvement. So it is logical that these practices would be beneficial to anyone involved in finance, investment or even household budgeting as well as when making major purchases.
    As a psychotherapist, I have worked with many business clients over the years and have taught all of them mindfulness meditation. I have found that the practice of mindfulness meditation makes them more open and able to innovate far better than before they began their mindfulness practices. Every client who meditates also becomes a far better negotiator as well as a convincing spokesperson.
    We all know that it is essential to be calm and objective during a negotiation. Being able to ‘read the room’ is also a powerful skill. Meditation will enhance these skills. Practicing meditation on a regular basis before you need these skills is essential though. You cannot become effective at meditation by just thinking about doing it.
    Often it is helpful to have some guidance or a teacher when beginning to do meditation. When a teacher is not available or possible I highly recommend the guided meditation training downloads by Jon Shore at http://www.meditation-download.com to most of my clients since they are very effective.
    One can argue all day about the effectiveness of meditation or mindfulness or one can try it and see for oneself. I usually recommend the second option.

Post a reply