Forum

Wealth Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Wealth Professional | 30 Jul 2015, 10:11 AM Agree 0
From the proverbial penthouse to the outhouse in just a few short months, a big advisor has been turfed from an even bigger brokerage – one sporting the ‘biggest’ Canadian bank name
  • Peter | 30 Jul 2015, 11:18 AM Agree 0
    I too could be a billion dollar advisor if I stooped low enough to be "running the gamut from unauthorized trading to excessive billing".

And yet again, how do companies and the industry determine a "Top ranked advisor"??? Not by his/her quality of work, expertise and integrity, but by SALES!!! "Buck, who consistently was ranked one of America’s top 100 advisors by Barron’s magazine". Ridiculous!
  • Andrewski | 30 Jul 2015, 12:28 PM Agree 0
    Perfect last name! Gives true meaning to, "The Buck stops here"!
  • Debbie | 30 Jul 2015, 03:42 PM Agree 0
    Prior to RBC "the former Merrill Lynch advisor was booted from his job after the brokerage uncovered compliance concerns with his clients’ files." it appears a leopard doesn't change his spots
    "Interestingly, Buck’s two daughters continue to work for RBC Wealth Management, with Ann Buck taking over her father’s practice."
    Hopefully for the clients the apple falls a little further from the tree, but I wouldn't want to take the chance.
  • Tony Romano | 31 Jul 2015, 07:09 PM Agree 0
    Well said Peter! How can the industry clean up it's image when sales from the advisor is the gauge which is used to measure work of the advisor.
Post a reply