Forum

Wealth Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Wealth Professional | 30 Jul 2013, 12:00 AM Agree 0
Does an advisor’s obligation to a client end with the sale of his or her book? The sanction of a BC agent for inappropriately selling high-risk securities to a widow raises that question.
  • Bev Lucas | 05 Apr 2014, 06:34 PM Agree 0
    I believe it should be in the news.
  • brian martinjsen | 20 Jul 2014, 10:24 PM Agree 0
    do not trust this man just a big scam
  • Ken MacCoy, CHS | 22 Jul 2014, 12:57 PM Agree 0
    This is yet another prime example of why a accreditation in the form of a designation (i.e. CFP) should be mandatory before someone can sell mutual funds, securities or exempt market products. - However, the council said that Duke “knew or ought to have known that the level of risk posed by the illiquid, unregulated investments was far too great for the client… the licensee's conduct in failing to recognize or acknowledge the risk to the client reflected on his competency. - Do you think maybe he was competent & simply greed was his motivation?
  • Bev Lucas | 26 Jan 2015, 04:23 PM Agree 0
    I am the person in the is document that Duke duped me out of my money. I fired him in 2012 at my dining room table when I found out what had happened. I have since sold my home and everything else my Husband and I worked so hard to buy. All I ask from him was for my papers and to give back my money so I could keep my house that was paid for many many years before. We knew I would be facing one day I would be alone but never thought this would happen to me. It is just not fair how he went about it and he also lied about the GIC to the BCSC. Not once did I ever say I wanted more money I told him this is all I had and I want to keep my house and I am not able to work. Also Rodney Jack Wharram is also is involved. I just had to let people know who this story is about and my side.
  • Bev Lucas | 26 Jan 2015, 04:24 PM Agree 0
    I am the person if you want the story.
  • Bev Lucas | 26 Jan 2015, 04:31 PM Agree 0
    I am the person in the is document that Duke duped me out of my money. I fired him in 2012 at my dining room table when I found out what had happened. I have since sold my home and everything else my Husband and I worked so hard to buy. All I ask from him was for my papers and to give back my money so I could keep my house that was paid for many many years before. We knew I would be facing one day I would be alone but never thought this would happen to me. It is just not fair how he went about it and he also lied about the GIC to the BCSC. Not once did I ever say I wanted more money I told him this is all I had and I want to keep my house and I am not able to work. Also Rodney Jack Wharram is also is involved. I just had to let people know who this story is about and my side.
  • Will Ashworth | 27 Jan 2015, 10:00 AM Agree 0
    Hi Bev,

If you're interested, WP would love to talk to you.

Please email me, Will Ashworth, at washworth@kmimedia.ca should you wish to discuss.

Thank you.

• Bev Lucas | 29 Jan 2015, 01:50 AM Agree 0
    Please contact me.
  • brian martinsen | 05 Mar 2016, 04:06 PM Agree 0
    I also had a similar experience With Jim duke a rod Warham they both lied and stole all are money he is also involved in urban star witch is also risky l think in opinion they are both liters and both acouple of thievs do not trust these people
Post a reply