Wealth Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Wealth Professional | 25 Jun 2013, 12:00 AM Agree 0
A move by the world’s largest gold mining firm to lay off a third of its corporate staff in Toronto has advisors across Canada concerned about what the Barrick decision means for a beleaguered TSX.
  • Vivian | 25 Jun 2013, 12:55 PM Agree 0
    This highlights the limitations we are having in putting clients into canadian investments.
  • T.O. | 25 Jun 2013, 12:56 PM Agree 0
    The real problem with Barrick is that my clients have heard the bad press and are not that keen.
  • Rob Q | 25 Jun 2013, 12:58 PM Agree 0
    I personally think that Barricks is managing its business properly. The volatility of gold has everything to do with the recovery of the U.S. economy. Tepid recovery.
  • Ordinary Geo | 26 Jun 2013, 07:34 AM Agree 0
    Barrick and other mining companies have too many admin people, filling forms and pretending to do "corporate affairs". They don't contribute to the production but they travel first class and sleep in 5* hotels doing marketing etc. This is the right decision as long as they do't cut the exploration and the production team.
  • Mark Bowleg | 26 Jun 2013, 02:05 PM Agree 0
    You've got to hand it to O'Leary; he knows how to stir it.
Post a reply