Wealth Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Wealth Professional | 13 Feb 2015, 11:46 AM Agree 0
A story WP ran 18 months ago continues to take some interesting turns. Disappointed with the speed of justice the victim in this case reached out to WP to tell her side of the story.
  • Jeff | 15 Apr 2015, 01:01 AM Agree 0
    I am an investor that lost money in Falls Capital Corp. How can I contact Bev Lucas or any others to discuss this matter.
  • Will Ashworth | 16 Apr 2015, 10:02 AM Agree 0
    Jeff, I wrote this article. I'm currently looking more closely at her situation. Feel free to email me at

• claire cond√© | 23 Apr 2015, 01:52 AM Agree 0
    But what about the guy who recommended Wharram's scheme to my elderly mother? Is he untouchable? His name is David Lange and I could tell you a few other things about him. My mum never had any money, she took the equity out of her home to buy into this scheme. All she ever wanted to do was leave my siblings and I a little nest egg (I am the executor). She would be rolling over in her grave to know there was nothing left because of these to scumbags
  • Will Ashworth | 23 Apr 2015, 09:43 AM Agree 0
    Claire, as I suggested to Jeff above, feel free to email me at

• Arnold Earl | 23 Oct 2015, 01:54 PM Agree 0
    Will, I just found your article and forum today, Oct. 23/15. I Invested money with Rod Wharram in Mar. 2010, and lost it all. Have been trying to follow his hearings with BCSC, but cannot find out anything about the hearing, on Oct. 19, to vary the freeze order. Do you have any information on what happened. Wharram should be charged with a criminal offence. Anybody who was a victim of this man is welcome to contact me.
  • Will Ashworth | 26 Oct 2015, 10:23 AM Agree 0
    Hi Arnold,
    There are some people looking into this situation. If you email me at I'll see what I can find out for you.
  • Ken MacCoy, CHS | 02 Dec 2015, 12:37 PM Agree 0
    The British Columbia Securities Commission (BCSC) panel has permanently banned Rodney James Wharram from the province's capital markets and fined him over $1 million for fraud.

See article entitled: 'Advisor receives lifetime ban' by Nick Heffernan dated 02-Dec-2015 at weblink:

Would be nice to know if the worm did any jail time for fraud.
  • Plowe | 12 Dec 2015, 10:29 PM Agree 0
    Just saying, I am in the same boat with the same advisor. At a loss of what I can do about it.
  • Investor | 21 Dec 2015, 09:49 AM Agree 0
    Could potentially be the same person behind the company Berkshire of Calgary Canada which sold investments in 2004/5 that never materialise.
  • Van | 31 Dec 2015, 12:05 AM Agree 0
    Hi Will,
    I am one of the people got schemed by Rod Wharram. Glad to see this forum. Will email to Mr. Will Ashworth later.
    Thanks for opened and keep this forum continue.
  • Van | 04 Jan 2016, 02:28 AM Agree 0
    I am in the same boat as all of you.
    Thanks Mr. Will Ashworth for updating the issues.
    I will write to Mr. Will Ashworth with my case later.
  • Jeff | 11 Apr 2016, 12:46 PM Agree 0
    Would a group of involved investors be interested in a collaborative effort to discuss this issue and come to some resolution? Would anyone be interested in forming a group effort to gather ideas to combat this issue. Please let me know. Thank you.
  • Arnold Earl | 15 Apr 2016, 01:37 PM Agree 0
    Jeff, We replied to your post of Apr.11/15, but not sure if it went through. Can't see it on here. Basically we said we would be interested in discussing this issue. We are really interested in knowing if Rod Wharram was passed over to the criminal courts and if not...why? Nobody seems to care about the millions of $'s that are unaccounted for, and he probably will never pay the fines. To us, this means he got off scott free. There are so many questions unanswered.
Post a reply