Wealth Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Wealth Professional | 04 Mar 2014, 10:48 AM Agree 0
Are big bank or brokerage firm advisors more restricted than independents? Some industry professionals think so.
  • Kevin Cahill | 04 Mar 2014, 02:21 PM Agree 0
    Great article, the ketchup is coming out of the bottle in a rapid way, lets hope major change starts to happen. It didn't surprise me that no firm was willing to comment, they would have to draft their response and then send it through legal and compliance before being able to share it. Well trained robots.
  • Kevin Cahill | 07 Mar 2014, 08:36 AM Agree 0
    For me, being a financial planner is about love. It is not about transferring information, but rather enabling dreams to come true. When I begin to lose myself because of unresolved pain or fears or the overpowering feelings of shame, then I no longer want to help others and I think I become irrelevant. So many professions in our society - teachers, lawyers, doctors and financial planners wrestle with shame delivered usually in the public media from outside of the industries. You might roll your eyes and think that it is easy to make jokes and insult them, but it is not fun to feel hated simply for doing work that means something to you; it can take a serious toll.
Post a reply